Come spend the day with me at PixarPosted November 5, 2012
This Saturday, November 10th Pixar is holding a benefit to raise money for the Cartoon Art Museum in San Francisco. The event is held at Pixar's studios in Emeryville, California from 3pm - 8pm.
Event details here.
- You get to tour the studio's main gallery and view pre-production artwork from Brave.
- Pixar artists will be on hand conducting drawing demonstrations
- You can purchase special Pixar apparel and merchandise at the Studio store as well as bid on original and signed art by Pixar animators
- The event also features presentations by several Pixar creators on the making of Finding Nemo 3d and PartySaurus Rex in Pixar's state-of-the-art theater hosted by y Dr. Michael B. Johnson.
- Q&A sessions with various filmmakers from Pixar, including Ralph Eggleston (Finding Nemo Production Designer, Academy Award-winning director of For the Birds), Steve May, (Finding Nemo Production Lead for Sharks & Sydney, Pixar CTO), Jim Capobianco, (Finding Nemo Story Artist, Director of Your Friend the Rat), and a bunch more wonderfully talented people.
- I'll also be in attendance and I'll draw a terrible picture for you if you ask nicely.
It's this Saturday, November 10th in San Francisco, which is very short notice. I only recently became aware of this event otherwise I would have posted about it sooner and had some kind of contest on my website to win tickets.
Tickets are $500 a piece
For the cost of an iPad you'll get to have an amazing life experience.
If you're a creative individual like myself, touring Pixar is the equivalent of an engineer getting to go water-skiing behind NASA's Endeavor.
AND it's for a great cause; you're helping keep the doors of a cartoon museum open.